In 2018 Hrvatska elektroprivreda started constructing integrated solar power plants according to the concept of a customer with own generation. That model enables a significant reduction of expenses for own electricity generation. The majority of generated electricity is spent on the plants themselves, whereas the rest of electricity is delivered into the distribution grid.
HEP-Proizvodnja has in operation the following integrated solar power plants (SPP) which fall under a status of a buyer with own production:
• SPP Ogulin (10.8 kW) on the office building of HPP Gojak in Ogulin,
• SPP Bisko (20.52 kW) on the building of Generation center Dalmatia in Bisko,
• SPP Split (17.28 kW) on the office building of HEP Proizvodnja in Split,
• SPP Dubrovnik (1080 kW) on the office building of HEP Proizvodnja in Dubrovnik
• SPP Sjever (50 kW) on the building of Generation area of HPP Sjever in Varaždin,
• SPP Dubrava (75 kW) on the location of HPP Dubrava,
• SPP Rijeka (138 kW) on the location of TPP Rijeka,
• SPP Zagreb (212 kW) on the location of CHP Zagreb,
• SPP Plomin (370 kW) on the location of TPP Plomin.
In order to cover own electricity generation, 44 solar power plants with the total capacity of 1.1 MW have been installed on the buildings of HEP ODS.