Structure of electricity sources in 2022.
In 2021. HEP Group had at its disposal 19,1 TWh of electricity produced or purchased. HEP Opskrba sold in Croatia 8,5 TWh of electricity in total.
Overview of shares of indvidual electricity sources
|Electricity production and procurement
|Hydro power plants
|Thermal power plants
|Krško nuclear power plant
|Purchase of electricity generated from RES
In 2022, HEP's thermal and cogeneration power plants released 2.515.554 t CO2
during the process of electricity generation.
emission intensity for electricity generated by HEP's thermal and cogeneration power plants in 2022 amounted to 576 g CO2
emission intensity for electricity generated by a generation mix of HEP sources in 2022 amounted to 132 g CO2
The volume of low and intermediate level radioactive waste per kWh for 2022
NE Krško d.o.o.
(Krško nuclear power plant), co-owned by HEP d.d. and GEN Energija (50%:50%) operates in the Republic of Slovenia.
Hrvatska elektroprivreda is entitled to 50% of the net annual electricity production.
During 2020, Krško nuclear power plant produced the overall of:
- Electricity generation in 2022 on the threshold of NPP Krško totalled at 5.310.695.133 MWh
- 489 LLW and ILW packages were stored with the volume of 7112,3 m3 and net weight amounting to 51.060,1 kg
- net Low and Intermediate Level Radioactive Waste NSRAO (volume): 112,3 m3 / 5.310.695.133 MWh (el) = 2,114 * 10-8 m3/kWh (el)
- net Low and Intermediate Level Radioactive Waste (NSRAO) (mass): 51.060,1 kg / 5.310.695.133 MWh MWh (el) = 9,614*10-6 kg/kWh(el) ili 9614 µg/kWh(el)
- High-Level Radioactive Waste (VRAO) – spent fuel – replacement of 56 burning elements in 2022 = 48,7 t U *56/121 element in the core = 22 538,84 kg U
- VRAO:22 538,84 kg U / 5.310.695.133 MWh(el) = 4.24 * 10-6 kgU/kWh(el)
More information on environmental impact management is available in Sustainability Reports of HEP Group.