TOUREST (Tourism Water Management for Sustainable ADRION Coastal Areas) project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), through the ADRION-IONIAN Transnational Cooperation Programme 2014 – 2020 (Interreg ADRION).
The project involves 7 partners from 4 countries (Greece, Croatia, Italy and Slovenia). Partner from Croatia is HEP ESCO.
Main outputs are:
- A joint ADRION area strategy and resources for public authorities to monitor & assess sustainable tourism water management;
- Demonstration of water use monitoring and assessment impact on increasing the sustainability level of the tourism sector;
- Action plans for public authorities and tourism stakeholders of the partners’ areas.
TOUREST will produce the following main deliverables:
- Studies and policy recommendations for public authorities to support the integration of sustainable tourism water management measures, and for tourism enterprises to adopt best management practices in day-to-day operations;
- Water sustainability indicators & evaluation criteria to measure tourism sector performance on water efficiency;
- An innovative digital tool for SMEs & enterprises to monitor, compare, and self-assess water efficiency performance & efforts, and for public authorities to assess the overall territorial situation;
- Capacity building resources and policy workshops on sustainable tourism water management.
The total value of the project is 971.816,99 EUR, Co-financed by EU funds 85%.
Project duration is 24 months, 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2019.
Lead Partner: Region of Sterea Ellada (GR).
Partners on the project: Region of Crete (GR), HEP ESCO (HR), TECLA - Association for the Transregional, Local And European Cooperation (IT), Lombardy Foundation for the Environment (IT), Rizana Water Works (SI), University of Ljubljana (SI).
Associated partner: Slovenian Water Agency (SI).