A2PBEER is a four year long innovative European project implementing a cost effective energy efficient retrofitting methodology for public buildings, drawing on the expertise of over 20 partners. Buildings consume about 40% of total final energy in Europe. Energy efficient retrofitting plays an essential part in meeting the EU 20-20-20 targets. A greater impact on this can be achieved through interventions in non-residential buildings, as their energy consumption is 40% higher than residential buildings. 30% of non-residential buildings in Europe are public buildings. Therefore A2PBEER focuses on energy efficient retrofitting of public buildings. The A2PBEER methodology will include already available solutions in buildings as well as those innovative ones developed within several advanced international projects. Methodology and developed tools will be shown and tested through real building retrofitting procedures covering European main climate areas (Continental, Oceanic and Mediterranean).
Project's full name is: Affordable and Adaptable Public Buildings through Energy Efficient Retrofitting
The project is financed within the FP7-EU's seventh framework programme for research, technological development and demonstration activities for funding scientific research and development.
- Demonstrating that current Nearly Zero Energy Building requirements can be achieved in Public Buildings through already available, affordable and adaptable technologies.
- To show that it is technically feasible and cost effective to reduce the current energy consumption of existing public buildings by more than 50%.
- Demonstrate that the process is replicable for different uses and climates with payback periods shorter than seven years.
- Mobilise the renovation of existing building stock in Europe through providing building models for nearly zero energy districts.
- To lever all stakeholders in the construction sector (manufacturers, architects, building managers, ESCOS owners and users).
Project's total value is EUR 11,060,508.00 EUR, 60% of which is co-financed by EU funds.
Project's duration period is 48 months i.e. from September 1, 2013 until September 30, 2017.
Project's partners include: TECNALIA, D'APPOLONIA Large industrial, Toshiba , Comfort Window System, Parans solar lightning, ClimateWell, BERGAMO TECNOLOGIE SPZOO, ACCIONA INFRAESTRUCTURAS, ISOLEIKA KOOP ABUD Mernokiroda Kft., EKO DENGE, AFLIVA –DEMO, CAE Services GEIE, IVL SVENSKA MILJOEINSTITUTET, LIMERICK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, UNIVERSIDAD DEL PAIS VASCO UPV-EHU, MALMO STAD, NATIONAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION- ÇANKAYA, OSLO KOMMUNE, ENTE VASCO DE LA ENERGIA, OFFICE PUBLIC D'AMENAGEMENT ET DE CONSTRUCTION DE L'ISERE