HEP OIE has transparent criteria for assessment of different renewable energy projects. In assessing projects and partners, we pay attention to a range of different factors:
Assessment of resources
- resource availability ( e.g. wind),
- securing the resource (e.g. biomass),
- resource price,
- resource quality,
- climate conditions.
Assessment of construction possibilities:
- technical specifications,
- suppliers, and
Assessment of technical and regulatory requirements:
- contracts with network operator,
- network connectivity, and
- support of regulatory bodies.
Assessment of partners based on past projects:
- experience in similar projects,
- financial information on projects, and
- management and staff.
Assessment of financial resources:
- project financing,
- cash flow sensitivity, and
- partner’s liquidity and solvency.
Review of legal frameworks:
- contracts, and
- compliance with physical plan.
Assessment of social and environmental impact:
- environmental impact, and
- impact on local communities.